Part-time 20 hours per week
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and dynamic Dispensary Assistant to join our busy and friendly team at Long Bennington Medical Centre working a minimum of 20 hours per week, 8.30am - 12.30pm Monday to Friday mornings. Additional cover will be required in the afternoons for holidays and sickness when required.
The position requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates:
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- excellent customer service skills
- a methodical approach to detailed work with a high attention to detail
- an aptitude to remain calm in stressful situations
- ability to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
- the ability to provide flexibility in the absence of colleagues
Previous experience and knowledge of SystmOne clinical software would be an advantage, however full training on our computer system will be provided.
As a Dispensary Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that patients receive a friendly, polite, attentive and professional service. The Dispensary Assistant's core duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Processing prescriptions and accurately issuing medicines to patients
- Collection of prescription charges and checking patient exemption statements
- Carrying out tasks as required by the Dispensary Manager, Doctors and Nurses
- Assisting patients face to face and resolving queries
- Ordering stock and maintaining stock control
- Administration of dispensary supplies, invoices and statements
- Cash handling, including balancing and safe transfer of money
- General day to day dispensary housekeeping and administrative duties
- Maintaining the standard of the Dispensing Services Quality Scheme (DSQS)
To view the Job Description and Person Specification for this role please click on these links:
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th October 2018
Interviews: Monday 5th November 2018
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this post early should we receive a significant number of satisfactory applications.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to be invited for interview. CV's will not be accepted.
To apply click HERE. This will take you to the NHS Jobs website.